Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Start Simple

I follow a lot of church leaders who regularly invest in the kingdom by posting encouraging and uplifting material. My Social Media news feed gets filled up with pointers, tips, and top-ten lists of things to do to be a successful follower of Jesus or a successful ministry leader...I am sure that I will get to that level with this blog at some point...but I am new at this and I haven't been vetted yet...so you are still wondering if you should even be wasting your time with anything that I might have to say...so I am going to keep it simple for you.

Jesus said that the whole of the law could be summed up by:

Greatest Commandment #1: Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Greatest Commandment #2: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Don't believe me...go look it up for yourself in Mark 12:30-31


Obedience requires loving God and your neighbors...(or everybody)!

Best way to love God and your neighbors?

Go and tell your neighbors of the majesties of God.
Tell them the truth about a God who loves them so much that He would give His very best in Christ for them! Tell them about Grace! Tell them about Mercy! Tell them about Jesus!....
........Make Disciples of them.

You have no greater purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Did We Get So Far?

      Does it baffle you the way that it does me that the milieu of our culture is one of seemingly endless insanity? The zeitgeist of today...